Paint & Coatings
Myko Engineering offers a variety of advanced solutions for paint and coatings. These solutions improve their production processes and their application quality. To tailor the raw materials to the production processes, Myko Engineering’s consultants advise the customer in customization. Additionally, the Company provides samples of raw materials to assess their effect on color quality and to prevent problems that may arise in real time.
Myko Engineering’s additives improve the properties of the paint and coatings and prevent the formation of typical problems in their production process. The Company’s paint and coatings additives improve the product properties and prevent typical problems from occurring during production, in turn, helping to optimize production. The various additives offer customized solutions for a wide range of purposes:
- Rheology modifier
- Air release and defoaming
- Matting agents
- Antibacterial application
- Wetting and dispersion for pigments and fillers
- Surface tension reduction and substrate wetting
- Scratch resistance
- Wax additives to enhance surface properties
In addition, the company provides innovative additives based on nanotechnology.
Myko Engineering supplies quality thickeners that affect the level of viscosity and flow of the paint and that are used for, among other things, preventing the paint leakage and sedimentation of pigments and fillers within it.
- Urea-based thickeners
- Amide-based thickeners
- Acryl-based thickeners
The various thickeners are suitable for use in solvent-based and water-based paint systems. In addition, the company supplies thickeners that are not pH sensitive and that don’t require adjusting the pH level by means of ammonia. The extensive array of solutions is intended for the thickening of a variety of applications in a variety of fields – adhesives, coatings, paints, paint pastes and more.
Myko Engineering’s wide array of advanced resins and emulsions provides a comprehensive solution for the production of paint and coatings.
- Acrylic Emulsion – the basic raw material for the production of paint for a variety of industries – textile, design, construction and more. The acrylic emulsion is offered in liquid form. In addition, Myko Engineering provides acrylic resins, used in the production of solvent-based paints, for purposes of coating metals, wood, road marking and more.
- Polymer Emulsion – a wide variety of polymer emulsions for a variety of industries – graphic design, textile, construction and more.
- Alkyd Resins – a rich portfolio of solvent-based alkyd resins intended for the coatings industry:
.Short alkyd resins, Medium alkyd resins, Long alkyd resins Special resins and epoxy esters
- Acrylic Resins – solvent-based resins offering a variety of benefits: color retention, resistance to outdoor conditions and water and moisture resistance. Acrylic resins are used in a variety of applications, ranging from coatings for the automotive and marine industries to road marking paints and spray paints.
- Epoxy Resins – high-quality epoxy resins and thickeners, used in the production of coatings for a variety of surfaces – flooring, metals, sports stadiums and gyms and wet surfaces. Additionally, they can also be used to prevent corrosion and for the production of electrostatic powders for painting different surfaces. Myko Engineering offers a complete system, including resin, thickener and a range of additives and fillers, customized to the necessary applications.
Myko Engineering’s silicones are sold as a liquid or powder, and provide water and moisture-resistance to paints. They are intended primarily for washable paint colors and for acrylic or mineral stucco wall paint. Myko Engineering supplies silicones that are water-based, solvent-based as a paint additive or for use in their original form, after dilution in water or solvent.
Myko Engineering offers a wide variety of pigment solutions:
- Pearl-effect pigments by the Oxen Company, in a range of colors and effects: Silver white, Interference, Golden, Metal, Multi-color, Crystal & Intense sparkle.
- Tinting pastes for solvent-based or water-based resins by the Luengo Color Company.
- High quality, natural iron oxide-based pigments by Promindsa. Among other things, these pigments provide the advantage of a lamellar structure, for anti-corrosion applications.
- Fluorescent pigments by Vicome Corp. The company produces pigments in a variety of colors, for all solvent and water-based applications.
- Silver Dollar pigments by the Scottish company, Metaflake that specializes in aluminum-based pigments in paste or pellet form. The pigments are intended for solvent-based or water-based systems.
Myko Engineering’s antibacterial preservatives are used for two primary purposes:
- Preserving the paints in their cans during storage, in order to prevent the formation of mold and other bacteria that may affect the paint properties.
- To prevent the paint, after it has been applied, from wetness and rain, to prevent the formation of mold on the walls.