Myko Engineering offers the highest quality composite materials in the world, with a customer base from the defense, aerospace, energy, manufacturing, construction, transportation and sports equipment industries. The Company matches the right raw materials to each customer, allowing for design and production of composite parts that are light, strong and possess high mechanical properties – from the molding stage to the production of finished parts. The product catalog and consulting allow for planning flexibility, efficiency and compliance with specifications.
Myko Engineering supplies a wide variety of prepregs, based on carbon, glass, Kevlar, silica, quartz and basalt fabrics, with epoxy, phenolic, cyanate ester and polyester resin systems. The different prepregs are used for the production of composite materials in a wide variety of industries, from the automotive industry to advanced applications in the aerospace industry. All of the prepregs meet international standards such as RoHS, REACH and UL94V0.
- Epoxy-Based Resin – Intended for applications at room temperature and at high temperatures that range from 80°-240° Celsius.
- Cyanate Ester – Resistant to high temperatures ranging from 80°-350°
- Phenolic Resin – Intended for the production of rocket engine parts.
- Polyester-Based Resin – Used to produce matrices based on glass fabrics. The matrix is used in pools, slides, the construction, automotive, marine, and other industries.
Myko Engineering’s advanced solution system for woven fabrics allows for maximum flexibility and adaptation to the fabric selection process for the production of the final product. The different fabric families include a range of types of weaves, thicknesses, and fibers:
- Carbon Fabrics – Strong and hard fabrics, resistant to tearing and bending. Used for a variety of applications in the aerospace and marine industry.
- E-Glass and S-Glass Fabrics – Fire-resistant fabrics, woven with glass fibers. The fabrics are offered in a variety of widths and weaving methods and used for a variety of applications in the aviation, land and sea transport and construction industries, such as cladding and antennas.
- Aramid/Kevlar Fabrics – Fabrics with high energy absorption capability and high specific gravity. Used for a variety of applications in the aviation, transportation and ballistic protection industries such as helmets and bulletproof vests.
- Special Fabrics – Fabrics made from a variety of fibers such as basalt, quartz and silica, hybrid fabrics, fire-retardant weaves and glass mats.
Myko Engineering offers a wide variety of solutions and advanced auxiliary materials for production processes of composite materials: wet layup, prepreg, autoclaves, injection-molding, RTM/LRI, hot-pressing and more.
- Peeling fabrics approved by Boeing / BMS 8-308
- Separation sheets – perforated/non-perforated
- Breathing fabrics
- Vacuum sheets
- Snap tape
- Nets and auxiliary materials for injection
Myko Engineering offers a wide range of epoxy, polyurethane, polyester and acrylic-based adhesives.
- Adhesives for Structural Adhesion – Means of strong and durable connection between metal, plastic and composite parts, through considerable weight savings. For use, among others, in a wide variety of applications in the aerospace and transportation industries.
- Epoxy-Based Adhesives – With high tear strength and high temperature resistance.
- Film Adhesives (Redux®) – Adhesives in the form of film, intended for adhering cores, such as honeycombs or foams, to prepregs. Allows for optimal fit for each project and provides weight savings. An excellent solution for adhering large surfaces.
- Polyurethane-Based Adhesives
- Adhesives for Fiberglass – Intended for adhering a number of parts and surfaces such as metals, fiberglass, composite materials and plastic.
- Adhesives used as Auxiliary Materials (Infutac) – Used for laying down the different fabric layers in the mold for the purpose of adhering and stabilizing them.
Myko Engineering provides comprehensive solutions for molding, including mold release agent materials. The Company offers both advanced mold release agent materials and a wide range of mold-cleaning and sealing materials. The extraordinary quality of the materials ensures easy and convenient extraction of the finished products from the molds, while maintaining their integrity and quality. The various mold release agent materials are suitable for all production methods as well as all surfaces such as aluminum, composite materials or metal. The mold release agent materials are resistant to temperatures ranging from 0°- 460° Celsius.
Myko Engineering sells epoxy, polyamide, cyanate ester and phenolic resins used to create a variety of parts made of matrices of composite materials. The parts can be produced using a variety of methods: injection-molding, wet layup, RTM, coiling and pultrusion. The hardening processes are performed according to the characteristics of the different resins. The Company can supply resins with extremely high thermal resistance (~400° C) and fire resistance (according to standards UL94V0 and FAR 25.853 aviation).
Polyester gelcoats and gelcoat fillers intended to serve as an outer layer in polyester glass matrices, for purposes of providing protection, shine and wear-resistance. The company supplies antibacterial gelcoats for swimming pools, gelcoats for the marine industry, and gelcoats for the production of parts in the automotive industry (semi-trucks, buses, etc.).
Myko Engineering’s filler material catalog includes chopped and ground fibers (basalt, carbon and glass), microballoons and Aerosil®. Their high quality makes them an excellent solution for the filling, casting and smoothing of prefabricated parts in a wide range of industries.
In the panel category, Myko Engineering offers products with their cores made of honeycomb or PVC foam with aluminum panel, glass fabric or carbon fabric skins. The various panels are used primarily for the production of parts, structures and flooring for airplanes, trains, trucks, stages and walls.
Myko Engineering offers four groups of core materials:
- Foams – PVC foams of different densities (between 35-250 kg per m3) and a range of thermal resistance levels. Additionally, the Company offers fire-resistant foams for a variety of applications.
- Honeycombs – produced from a variety of raw materials such as aluminum, Nomex®, fiberglass and steel. Intended primarily for aviation applications. The honeycombs are characterized by a very high quality finish and are offered in three configurations: Hexagonal, Ox (Over Expanded) and Flex-Core.
Myko Engineering offers a wide variety of professional equipment in the field of composite materials:
- RTM Injection Machines
- Autoclaves by Aeroform
In addition to the solutions detailed above, Myko Engineering offers a range of materials, products, machines and solutions that help in the creation and empowerment of the production and use of composite materials:
- Thermal Insulation Materials – Fire-resistant textiles and insulation sheets such as basalt textiles and ALF, resistant to very high temperatures (up to 1,500° Celsius).
- Tooling Boards – Dense foams based on epoxy, polyurethane and a variety of other materials, intended for molding preparation.
- Silicon Sheets – Hardened or semi-hardened sheets designed or produced on demand. Are also used as reusable vacuum sheets.
- SMC – Raw materials used in the hot pressing of industrial products. Made primarily by a combination of glass and polyester fibers.